Tuesday, April 18, 2023

PMDD, my AncestryDNA results, and moreee 💋

Whew chileee...

I's been an interesting couple of weeks. I'm officially getting settled into my new position, I love it for the most part - very different from anything else I've ever done, but I actually do enjoy what I do. It's just being around and dealing with different personalities... THAT'S what I'm getting used to. Nonetheless I haven't had any issues.

In 2021, I was diagnosed with PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder), which was sort of a relief for me because originally I was diagnosed with a more severe mood disorder - but my doctor did some analyzing and tests and it turns out my "episodes" would happen literally right before or during my period. I was prescribed antidepressants, which I don't take anymore - but they personally never helped me anyway. It took some time and therapy to realize what would actually work for me. I started drinking raspberry leaf, peach, and ginger teas around that time of the month and it helped tremendously. I also pay extra attention to my self care. I have my spa days during that time, I paint, I do my rituals (especially if the moon is in significant phases of my chart), I do my monthly skin care routines, and really just make sure I tend to myself as if I'm the Queen of the world because if I don't... life is just terrible for me lol, and I swear I'm not being dramatic. My moods can be scary, one day I'll share with y'all what happened to me during a time I wasn't aware of my PMDD. One of the symptoms are being fog brained or scatterbrained during that time, and baby that has been my mood for the past week OMG .. I can be really ditzy sometimes 😂 and it's really because of this. I'm so glad it's pretty much over for the month, I swear my hair turns blonde for like a week per month. I really feel like this disorder should be talked about more, because it can also be really dangerous leading to depression and suicidal thoughts.


Let's chat about my AncestryDNA™ experience and results 💚


I'm a Naija galll and I'm so happy. I always knew 😭 but no seriously when I FINALLY got my results, I was smiling so hard. Ever since I was a child, people always assumed I was biracial or multiracial, and I've been wanting to get this done for a while - I'm glad I finally did it. So, NO I'm not biracial unless you count the lil 8% white I have. I'm actually kind of excited to have Wales ancestry too because idk... reading up on it and peeping the scenery gave me Game of Thrones vibes 😂 I just feel like it's sort of royal, but to me Nigeria screams royalty, so I'm just extra excited 😍

If you're interested in getting your Ancestry results, just prepare yourself not only for the wait... it took about 2 months for the whole process (buying the kit, doing your sample, sending it back, them receiving it, analyzing it, and uploading results), but for the family tea you may come across. You may find some skeletons in the closet, just be prepared for anything because I was actually very surprised by what I found out. 

Okay I just got off work and I'm literally so tired.. so I'll end it here 💞 I hope y'all have a beautiful rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wrapping Up The Year 🎁

Hey lovelies, It has been such a beautiful journey since creating this blog 2 years ago. As 2024 ends, I wanted to give an in depth recap of...