Friday, February 3, 2023

I'm Back! πŸ’—

Y'all... this was my last time taking an extended break from blogging. Life just been life'n and to be completely honest and transparent, I was dealing with so much this blog was the last thing on my mind (actually it was the first, but I was so busy and tired I never made time to tend to it -  nevaaa again.)

From working a job I hated, to dealing with my own thoughts and replaying certain scenarios in my head (which is so detrimental to my mental health) to beating myself up mentally and emotionally - I'm soo blessed and thankful that God brought me through that storm. My eyes have been opened to so much about titles and relationships, mental health, growth, stability, and even my own body.

So let's get into it...

My hat goes off to anyone working in call centers whether it's at a brick & mortar or from home - it AIN'T for me, I don't know how I did it years ago.. but now that I think about it, I quit back then too πŸ˜‚ literally every call center job I had I never lasted more than 3-4 months on the production floor. The customers aren't even the problem, it's the micromanaging for me.. like, why do you need to know what I'm doing every second if I'm not in "ready"? It's honestly nuts to me. The lack of adequate preparation and training gets me too, it's no secret that call centers have a high turnover rate and I'm sure my complaints are factors as to why. If I were in the position of owning a corporation that employs agents, I'd make sure a large portion of the budget went towards employee training, work/life balance, and more but ANYWAY...

As I get closer to 30, I'm realizing more about myself and others. I hate when people try to excuse toxic people in your life by saying "they're still your *insert family title here*" it doesn't matter at ALL who these people are to you. You could be blood related and they could be jealous of qualities you possess that you don't even think of. People who continuously try to sabotage you, try to make you feel bad about yourself and/or inferior (could NEVER btw), criticize you and project certain feelings on you, or are just an overall negative dark cloud in your life period - doesn't deserve to be in or around your life. This is mental/emotional/verbal abuse and it shouldn't be tolerated from anyone. If it helps, separate the title from the person - that's what I had to do to a few people in my life.. you begin to realize that people are people. They have their own trauma's they have to heal from, and even though it's no excuse, it's best to just pray for these people and wish them the best especially if they don't see any wrong in their actions. These are the type of people that'll try and call you a narcissist and toxic, when in actuality the whole time it's them, the projection is clear as day. I've become extremely self aware in my late 20s, so there's nothing anyone can say about me that I'm not already aware of - and it makes it easier to discern people's intentions when they do/say things about you.


This tweet resonates with me so much, people will watch you all day long and not do a thing to support you unless they see others do it lol! Oh and don't start getting too successful or not staying in that box they tried to put you in, that's when the trash talk and sabotaging begins.. but if you don't have haters you ain't poppin hunny.

God is so good because I just received an offer letter for a better position with better pay & better benefits. Every single time I prayed about my job situation I would hear "it's already done." and it really goes to show that trusting God will have you winning every single time!

This position is in alignment with my goals, and also allows me the flexibility and freedom to work towards my passion, which is healing through skin and body careπŸ’•

I'm so looking forward to the renaissance tour! I'm registered for the show(s) in Atlanta and my fingers, toes, and everything in betweeeen is crossed hoping I get a code Sunday night! Beyonce is my favorite artist, and she gives 1000% in every performance.. I know she'll be putting on a show! This summer shall be one for the books 😍

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Briya!!!

    Glass of champagne on me 🍾

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you’re back girl! And congratulations on the new job. Mental health is so important and I love and appreciate your transparency πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aisha :) *teary eye emoji* you're my girl fr

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wrapping Up The Year 🎁

Hey lovelies, It has been such a beautiful journey since creating this blog 2 years ago. As 2024 ends, I wanted to give an in depth recap of...